- RSS Channel Showcase 7345919
- RSS Channel Showcase 5453626
- RSS Channel Showcase 3743642
- RSS Channel Showcase 1268566
Articles on this Page
- 08/19/13--12:07: _Gingernut Anyone?
- 11/16/13--05:29: _No Ice Cream Maker?...
- 10/29/14--02:47: _Peanut Butter and C...
- 04/25/15--06:36: _Dainty Shortbread S...
- 07/12/16--05:35: _Willie’s Cacao: Ora...
- 09/17/16--06:40: _Chocolate Oreo Cele...
- 10/02/16--03:04: _Cinnamon, Fig and P...
- 11/07/16--01:01: _Snickers Cookie San...
- 12/07/16--02:20: _Decorative Gingerbr...
- 02/06/17--05:56: _Lemon Melting Moments
- 01/21/18--08:38: _Dark Chocolate and ...
- 08/15/18--13:37: _Triple Chocolate Ry...
- 10/21/18--09:50: _Orange, Cardamom an...
- 08/19/13--12:07: Gingernut Anyone?
- 11/16/13--05:29: No Ice Cream Maker? No Problem!
- 10/29/14--02:47: Peanut Butter and Chocolate Two Ways
- 04/25/15--06:36: Dainty Shortbread Sandwiches
- 07/12/16--05:35: Willie’s Cacao: Orange Blossom and Chocolate Melting Moments
- 09/17/16--06:40: Chocolate Oreo Celebration Cake
- 10/02/16--03:04: Cinnamon, Fig and Pecan Cheesecake
- 11/07/16--01:01: Snickers Cookie Sandwiches
- 12/07/16--02:20: Decorative Gingerbread Biscuits
- 02/06/17--05:56: Lemon Melting Moments
- 01/21/18--08:38: Dark Chocolate and Salted Tahini Cookies
- 08/15/18--13:37: Triple Chocolate Rye, Walnut and Espresso Cookies
- 10/21/18--09:50: Orange, Cardamom and White Chocolate Shortbread
One serious dessert down and it seems I am unable to resist returning to my baking staple; the humble cupcake. A couple of hours in the kitchen today resulted in these rather informal creations! Here, spiced ginger sponges are laced with syrupy goodness and topped with a dollop of refreshing lemon cream cheese frosting. If […]
So it’s not quite ice cream, but you wouldn’t know. This indulgent looking treat is known as Semi Freddo (semi frozen) and it’s an Italian classic. I have made it a couple of times now and this particular flavour concoction is by far the most luxurious one I’ve come up with; chocolate brownie and fudge. […]
Peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven, so I’ve devised not one but two recipes which make the most of this classic flavour combination. Both recipes are simple, delicious and most importantly, real crowd pleasers; so give them a go! First up are these deliciously soft and nutty peanut butter and white […]
These simple little biscuits, made up of melt in the mouth shortbread and flavoured buttercream, would make a great addition to an afternoon tea or children’s party. I’m going to share my chocolate and coffee variety and a simple vanilla and raspberry flavour, but feel free to experiment with more ingredients to customise this very […]
If you’re a frequent reader of this blog, you may well have noticed that my recipes tend to be a little chocolate heavy (it is my vice- I can’t help it). With this in mind, I thought it would be interesting to team up with quality chocolate makers Willie’s Cacao to create a few recipes using […]
tassybakesBISCUIT 3 USEBISCUIT 1 USEBISCUIT 2 USE
Chocolate seems to be dominating my blog recently, so before I break from that theme to enter other territories I thought I would share my Oreo chocolate cake recipe. It’s made up of three chocolate fudge cake layers which are sandwiched between chocolate ganache, slathered in Oreo cookie frosting and topped with chocolate drips and Oreo cookies. Make […]
This bake pairs perfectly with a strong coffee and would round up a cosy dinner party really well; the cinnamon spiced filling studded with ripe figs and the nutty pecan base make a nice change from your regular vanilla cheesecake and definitely bring Autumnal vibes to the table. Ingredients: Base 200g pecans 300g digestives 150g butter Filling 4 […]
These Snickers cookies sandwiched together with peanut buttercream and caramel sauce are the ultimate indulgence- you must try them! Ingredients: For the cookies: 225g soft butter 125g caster sugar 175g dark brown soft sugar 2 eggs 1tsp bicarbonate of soda 300g plain flour pinch salt 4 chopped Snickers bars 100g dark chocolate chips For the […]
These gingerbread biscuits are super easy to make and are really fun to shape and decorate with children. Pierce holes in the tops and thread through festive ribbons for great homemade tree decorations (or just eat them straight away, they’re delicious!). Ingredients (makes about 20 large biscuits depending on the shapes you choose- you can always […]
I’ve made a chocolate and orange blossom variation of these biscuits before and they were so popular I thought I’d experiment with another flavour. This time I’ve gone for lightly flavoured lemon biscuits (which are super crumbly and melt-in-your-mouth) sandwiched together with lemon buttercream and a really zingy lemon curd; the end result is (unsurprisingly) zesty […]
Tahini, a thick sesame paste commonly used in Middle Eastern cooking, is my go to ingredient for when I want to add a deep, nutty and slightly bitter flavour to a dish. I don’t usually think of incorporating tahini into my baking (for some unknown reason), and more often than not I’ll just pop it […]
I’ve tweaked and tested this recipe at least four times over the past month *woe is me*, and am at last at the point where I’m completely happy with the outcome. Technique-wise I’ve actually harked back to one of my original cookie recipes which I posted about four years ago- it’s so simple and calls […]
These buttery shortbreads, dipped in white chocolate and flavoured with warming cardamom and citrus, have got me feeling (dare I say it) pretty festive. The format might be a bit retro but there’s something comforting and nostalgic about bedding in with a batch of homemade biscuits and a cup of builder’s tea at this time […]